Do you want to learn skills on how to manage a chronic health condition? Do you have a loved one who is living with a chronic health condition? The Healthier Living: Managing Ongoing Health Conditions Workshop could be a great place to learn new skills.
Trained leaders Marcy and Nancy from the Shingletown Medical Center will facilitate the workshop sessions, which were created by Stanford University. There will be six (6) workshop sessions each Monday from 1:00pm to 3:30pm. The first session will take place on Monday, November 10th and run through Monday, December 15th. These workshops are free of charge to the community.
Who should attend?
* Anyone with an ongoing health condition
* Family members or friends of someone with an ongoing health condition
* Anyone interested in becoming more physically and socially active
During the six 2 ½ hour classes you will learn:
* Better manage your health condition and lessen its impact on your life
* Reduce fatigue, anxiety, sleep loss and pain
* Communicate better with your doctors, friends and family
* Set goals and problem solve to make positive changes
The workshops will be held at the Shingletown Area Resource Center (SARC), at their new location (NEXT TO THE POST OFFICE) 31268 Highway 44 , Suite C, in Shingletown. During these sessions, participants will learn valuable tools for managing chronic health conditions. For those completing at least four (4) of the six (6) workshop sessions will receive a Certificate of Completion along with a gift bag full of healthy goodies.
To find out more information and/or to register, call Nancy or Marcy at Shingletown Medical Center 530-474-3390.
For detailed information about the programs visit: http://www.cahealthierliving.org/