Do you want to learn skills on how to manage a chronic health condition? Do you have a loved one who is living with a chronic health condition? The Healthier Living: Living a Healthy Life with Chronic Conditions Workshop could be a great place to learn new skills.
Trained leaders Deb Hornbacher, R.N. Clinic Nurse Manager and Kelly Bullan, Case Manager from the Shingletown Medical Center will facilitate the workshop sessions, which was created by Stanford University. There will be six (6) workshop sessions each Wednesday from 2:00pm to 4:30pm. The first session will take place on Wednesday, October 7th and run through Wednesday, November 18th. These workshops are free of charge to the community.
Who should attend?
* Anyone with an ongoing health condition
* Family members or friends of someone with an ongoing health condition
* Anyone interested in becoming more physically and socially active
During the six 2 ½ hour classes you will learn to:
* Better manage your health condition and lessen its impact on your life
* Reduce fatigue, anxiety, sleep loss and pain
* Communicate better with your doctors, friends and family
* Set goals and problem solve to make positive changes
The workshops will be held at the Shingletown Area Resource Center (SARC), at their location (next to the Post Office) 31268 Highway 44, Suite C, Shingletown. During these sessions, participants will learn valuable tools for managing chronic health conditions.
All books and materials are free and a $25.00 gift card will be awarded upon completion of the six (6) week course.
To find out more information and / or to register, call Deb or Kelly at the Shingletown Medical Center at 530-474-3390. For detailed information about the programs visit: http://www.cahealthierliving.org/