Soft Drink Facts:
- Regular soft drinks are filled with calories and have excessive amounts of sugar.
- Drinking soda actually causes your body to become dehydrated. Caffeine is a diuretic and will cause you to make more trips to the restroom.
- The acid in soda can wear away the enamel of your teeth.
- The phosphorous in soft drinks may weaken bones and increase the risk of osteoporosis (weakening of the bones) in adults.
- One glass of water can eliminate hunger pains.
- Water helps the digestion process.
- 8 – 10 glasses of water each day can reduce back and joint pain.
- Water increases your digestion and helps control your appetite.
- The most common cause of daytime fatigue is simple dehydration. Water can even make you feel more alert!
- Water can prevent and ease headaches.
In other words water is a wonder drug! It’s healthy, inexpensive, available almost anywhere and can be flavored with low calorie fruit and vegetables. Drink up!
The staff at Shingletown Medical Center is proud to provide first-class care for you and your family.